Wednesday 18 January 2012

Week 2

Some of the comments this week were similar, so I've kinda compressed them a little bit.

A comment that came up a few times was that of giving a glimpse of things to come, both melodically, harmonically, and rhythmically. This was due to my piece changing very suddenly without much warning.
I will definitely run with this idea, as it is a great comment, and I feel very comfortable finding a way to incorporate this suggestion. I feel that it would add a lot to my piece.

Another comment was having the cluster chords more spread out so that we don't hear huge dissonance but you can tell something funny is on the go. This was already something I had looked at doing, However i had difficulty finding anywhere that it would work and still be remotely playable. Often times when they occur the right hand is doing a fairly quick melody of its own, and your left hand is only so wide, I am not sure that i could fit this suggestion in, however it is still a great comment that i will keep in mind when continuing work on this piece.

Another was that it ends kind of suddenly. This I was completely aware of, but these were the ideas i had, I am not opposed to extending ideas/sections which are already in the piece.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, Kyle. FWIW, "giving a glimpse of things to come" is called foreshadowing, and it's a great way to prepare the listener for some of the changes that might come later in a composition.

    ReplyDelete