Wednesday 11 January 2012

First comments of work in progress piece.

One comment was good development of my motif:

This was very encouraging as that was definitely my goal for this piece, and I wanted to make sure every note can relate back to that one motif.

The harmony is repetitive, and I should explore other harmonies or scales:

This was the only thing about this piece I knew I did not really like. After hearing the comments today I think that I am going to keep the repetition for the first eight bars, to establish my motif strongly. Then when the triplet section starts I and going to add some accidentals gradually to slowly move to another scale, like a wholetone scale, or an octatonic scale. I feel that still will be a solution to the expectedness the piece has now.

No comments:

Post a Comment